Sunday, April 6, 2008

nothing there all along

Kaitlyn and I had a very interesting conversation over coffee on Friday night. We started talking about those days where you just feel really self conscious and it ruins your whole day. Both of us are smart, logical people. We were saying how we could always see exactly why we're acting the way we are, or why something bothers us more than it should. But that in the end it doesn't matter much - our feelings always trump this logic.

It was nice to know that someone else felt this way. Because I definitely could tell you exactly why I do everything I do, why I react in certain ways to certain situations. But knowing or understanding doesn't change the emotional reaction.

I'm a war of head versus heart, it's always this way. My head is weak, my heart always speaks before I know what it will say....

No comments: