Monday, March 30, 2009

Who says you can't go home?

For the past week and a half, my parents have been in Hilton Head, North Carolina with my grandparents. I've been staying at my parents house to take care of la minou - my kitten. She's not really a kitten. She's actually 17, and very senile. She can't hear much anymore, she'll stand in the middle of the hallway and miaoul loudly.... I have no idea what she wants. And then she gets lost. She goes somewhere to sleep (the basement, my old room, a closet) and then since she can't hear me when I call, I won't be able to find her for the whole day. It's very worrying. She's very old.

I've really enjoyed my time at my parent's place (soon to be my place again, for the summer). I love having the car (though I'm running out of gas money fast). But above all, I love living alone. I love being able to walk around without clothes. Or being able to sing to myself loudly.

It gets a little lonely, though. Without my kitten I think I'd go insane. I love living with my roommates too, don't get me wrong. And I'm excited for our last drunken/exam (yes, those two things go together) month together. But I can't be naked, and that's key.

I think that my parents house will always be home, the place I leave behind as I explore the world. It'll be a while until I find another place to truly call home, I think.

That being said, I spent an hour this morning cleaning up the house because my parents will be home before I get back from class today. Note to self: a whole chick pea salad is too much for one person and it really should be thrown out/finished within a couple of days of making it.

4 comments:

Fae said...

Aww, Harley!!

I miss my Spicey Babe so much. :( :(

Christine Sweeton said...

You know you CAN walk around naked on Bronson, I do it and I don't even live with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you: there are always positive things of living with your parents as well as the negative ones. Nevertheless is sooooo nice to come back Home.

Jo said...

I completely agree with you: there are always positive things of living with your parents as well as the negative ones. Nevertheless is sooooo nice to come back Home.