Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wherein Conservatives are stupid and Pierre Poilievre is a "twerp"...

I'm sitting here watching the election results and I'm despairing about how I'm not represented at any level of government.

I consistently vote in my home riding, though I could have voted in Ottawa Centre this year. The problem is that Barrhaven (or Nepean-Carleton) is all upper middle class families. Who vote Conservative. And so, in all of the elections I have ever voted in I have consistently voted for a losing candidate. Or, better yet, against the winning conservative candidate. Municipal election: Jan Harder won. Provincial election: Lisa McCleod won. Federal election: Pierre Poilievre won again.

I have particular problems with Pierre. To quote my granny, he is a "twerp." He consistently says stupid things in Parliament that discredit my riding and insult me as a Canadian. He schmoozes with the locals to buy votes and licks the boots of Stephen Harper and John Baird. He can't think for himself - when he tries he just proves he can't. He's the youngest member of Parliament in history. It's a discredit to young people everywhere.

So, as we enter another Conservative minority government, I'm weary of the future of our country and all the thing I value about Canada. The only hope I have is that the Liberals will axe Dion and give us a good leader that can get Harper out of power.

It's a sad night to be Canadian.

On a lighter note, if Stephen Harper is Spongebob:


Then Pierre is definitely Patrick:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you feel sad to be Canadian. May be you should move to Somalia. Canadian have voted for the Tories, at least accept the verdict with some humility.

Unknown said...

The election was a waste of time and money. There was no way Conservatives could get a majority and even less chances of anyone else getting even a minority. Like you said, we are stuck until Dion leaves (yay!) and hopefully this time around they will pick the right person.

And just for future knowledge of everyone reading this post - you are allowed to bitch and complain about politics and the turnout of elections all you want, as long as you voted in said election. That's the rule of thumb in most people's books.