Sunday, March 23, 2008

just leave me your stardust to remember you by....

I dreamed there was someone. Who held me. Who's heart beat in my ear, who's breath stirred against my cheek. Someone who brushed the hair out of my eyes and told me I was beautiful.

I wish I was beautiful. I wish I didn't need someone to tell me that before I could believe it. I try so hard to be independent and self sufficient and the strong woman my parents raised me to be. I'm smarter than this.

But the truth is I am jelly, ready to be moulded by anyone who has the courage to love me.

I dreamed there was someone with courage, someone who saw what I want to be, deep in my eyes, rather than who I am flawed and imperfect. I dreamed that I was that person who was loved. And it wasn't the arms or the warmth or the hands that I missed when I woke. It was that other me, the one who was beautiful.
If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky,
You can hide underneath me and come out at night,
When I turn jet black and you show off your light,
I live to let you shine, I live to let you shine,

But you can skyrocket away from me,
And never come back if you find another galaxy,
Far from here where there's more room to fly,

Just leave me your stardust to remember you by.

1 comment:

Fae said...

do you realize that you have the most beautiful face? <3

I wish someone would come along and make you see how beautiful you are, inside and out. Until then, my eyes will be your mirror.