Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My most ridiculous day

Today was so ridiculous that I just have to write about it.

7:00am - Alarm clock goes off. Wake up briefly, turn off alarm. Promptly fall back to sleep.
7:20am - Actually wake up. Shower
7:45am - Grab marked assignments to give to prof. Count. Realize that I have 43 papers when I'm supposed to have 50. FREAK OUT.
8:00am - Phone home to see if I left them there. No luck. FREAK OUT. Decide I'm going to be late for class anyway and I have to find the papers, and so decide not to go. Mark remaining assignments.
8:30am - Phone Billings to see if I left the papers there. No luck. FREAK OUT.

That was the most stressful part. Eventually, Kristen got home and we searched frantically and went over the options of where they could be. I decided I wasn't going to find them. I also made an appointment to do an interview for my science reporting article due Thursday. Kristen researched our TV story, and went to vote. I finished marking and put all the marks together on a spreadsheet. We went to school to meet our TV prof about our story idea. MEANWHILE, I'M STILL FREAKING OUT. Honestly, making myself feel sick worrying about it.

Then, I went to meet the prof to give back the papers at 1pm. I asked to see the list and discovered *drum roll*..... that I just don't know how to count to 50 and I only ever had 43 in the first place. To say I was relieved is an understatement. I already went to buy a file folder at the bookstore so that it doesn't happen again.

Then I went to do my interview. And decided to stop by HR on the way home, since I was confused about whether I got paid from Carleton Now or not. Turns out that I was actually paid twice for the same job. Being an honest person, and really not wanting to mess with karma after this morning, I told them so and had to figure out with the HR people how they were going to get the money back. And sadly do not get $520 for free. Hahaha.

That's my day so far. But you'll be happy to know I didn't cry. I just don't think I could stand it getting anymore exciting. I just want to sit here for the rest of the day and do my homework. And possibly go to the Wild Oat for dinner.

No comments: