Wednesday, March 12, 2008

sexing the cherry

There are very few things that make me happier than new books. They make me feel less lonely.

I ordered just ordered these from Chapters on Monday, and they're here already! Huzzah!

My new philosophy: When life throws you lemons, buy books instead.

Wait, no...

When life throws you debt, embrace it and buy more books.

I got Sexing the Cherry by Jeanette Winterson who wrote Weight and who I therefore love. I can't wait to read it. I also bought two of the same book by accident... I totally pulled a Fae. Hmm.

3 comments:

Fae said...

Pulled a Fae; (phrase):

1. Purchasing multiples of the same item, without consciously realizing it.
2. Any other act of stupidity.

Fae said...

Pulled a Hez; (phrase):

1. Using multiples of the same word in one sentence. i.e, "I ordered just ordered these from Chapters on Monday"

2. Any other struggle with the English language.

Fae said...

Pulled a Hez AND Fae; (phrase):

1. Any act of total amusement, that doesn't entertain anyone else nearly as much as it does yourself.