Sunday, August 10, 2008

How do you measure a year in the life?

#61. Make a mix CD to play at my funeral - include Dancing in the Rain.


525,600 Minutes
"Will my friends be strong, till someone plays my favourite song?"

1. Daydream Believer, the Monkees
This has always been my song. It's the only song with the ability to make me smile when I'm sad. It's me. It's mine. I am the daydream believer.
2. Blackbird, the Beatles
"You were always waiting for this moment to be free." This song stirs something in my heart. That longing to... live more.
3. Get Me Through December, Allison Krauss and Union Station
The first time I heard this song I thought, 'Of course this song exists. How could it not?' It's never lost that feeling of perfection and wholeness for me. Also, it's the first song on the winter mix CD my dad made me, one of my all time favourite mixes. I love my Daddy. This song is on there for him.
4. Samson, Regina Spektor
Never, ever fails to take my breath away.
5. Cathedrals, Jump Little Children
"There is a feeling that you should just go home and spend a lifetime finding out just where that is."
6. Affirmation, Savage Garden
My first love.
7. I Will Follow You Into the Dark, Death Cab for Cutie
8. Hey There Delilah, the Plain White Tees
Someday, I will have a daughter named Delilah. This one's for her, and for whatever kids I have and for love. Because love doesn't get any better than this.
9. Swing Life Away, Rise Against
At sixteen, this song felt like it was written about me.
10. Constellations, Jack Johnson
For the moments of feeling infinite and like there's something bigger than you. For the sky so big it breaks your soul.
11. Walking By, Something Corporate
For love.
12. For Good, Wicked
Because Fae is my Elphaba. Because there is no way to describe our seemingly chance encounter years ago other than fate.
13. Everlasting Friend, Blue October
For Fae.
14. Seasons of Love, Rent
Because this musical fills my heart and my head and constantly affects my choices.
15. The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkel
For Laura. For car rides.
16. Don't Stop Believing, Journey
For fun. For small roots and big dreams.
17. Imagine, John Lennon
Self explanatory.
18. Dancing in the Rain, Happy Hardcore
To dance. Always. To finish on a happy note.

2 comments:

Fae said...

"IF you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 plus one day, so I never have to live without you."

That is a Pooh Bear quote. Which ruins the feeling, but is still very true. hehe.

Fae said...

P.S. I hope in this mix, you have the complete version of Dancing in the Rain.. and not the version that cuts off in the middle. hehe.