Monday, January 12, 2009

Kate Winslet

Since I was talking a few posts ago about my favourite bands, and since today we watched the Golden Globes, I thought it might be a good time to mention my absolute favourite actress. (Also, I'm currently writing the third of four essays this week, and I needed to take a break).

Kate Winslet is phenomenal. I loved her in Titanic, first. Quills is one of my absolute favourite movies (my favourite actor, Joaquin Phoenix, is in that too). Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Life of David Gale, Heavenly Creature... all very good movies. Kate has been nominated for 5 Oscars and 7 Golden Globes, but before tonight she had never won. I don't know why - I think she's brilliant. I was so excited, however, that tonight she won two Golden Globes. Best Supporting Actress for The Reader and Best Actress for Revolutionary Road. Sadly, I haven't had a chance to see either of these movies yet, but I'm sure she was great in them. And she was so happy when she won, it was adorable. I've read and seen interviews with her before, and she's such a down to earth person for an actress, and she's had a lot of body issues in the industry. I really admire her as being determined not to change for other people. And besides, I think she's gorgeous the way she is. Actually, I think she's prettier as a size 10 in Titanic than a size 4 in Eternal Sunshine.

I also think she should dye her hair back to red, because she looks way better as a red head. what can I say.. I have a thing for red heads!

No comments: