Sunday, January 11, 2009

Live like there's no tomorrow

#7. Dance like no one's watching.

Last night was by far one my best nights out with the girls yet. And the funniest thing was that it really didn't work out all that well, but we had a great time anyway. First of all, I wasn't sure I wanted to go out to begin with, because I still wasn't sure if I could drink after the New Years fiasco last week. But then Chris came over for dinner, and we started getting ready to go out, so I had a beer. I love the getting ready part of the night, that everyone gets to dress their hottest, wear makeup and clothes they don't normally get to wear.

We went over to Kyomi and Tessa's house next, to continue the pre drinking. And after a game of Kings, a game of hockey, and three more beers I was definitely excited to go out. Unfortunately, we had difficulties getting a cab (or making it downstairs before the cab left...) so we didn't get downtown until after a 11. This is a problem, because it's widely known that you'll never get in if you get there after 11 on a weekend. The line ups are jut too long. We waited in line for a long time (I even went to my sister's work to pee, came back and they still weren't inside). Finally, we gave up. As we were walking around wondering what to do (and getting more and more sober and cold) some guy came out of a door nearby and said "Hey, this is the best bar ever! Come in!" So, obviously, we did. It was not the best bar ever. It was actually a really expensive bar that played dance club music but no one was dancing.

Well, after having a vodka and lime (I know, broke the resolution already....) I decided I was going to dance, because that was why we came out! So I dragged Kristen on to the "dance floor" (aka the open area in front of the bathrooms) and we danced. I spent at least an hour out there, with Kristen for a bit, then Chris, then Kyomi and Kristen. And I was having so much fun! I was sober enough that I think it took guts to keep dancing when everyone else in the bar was watching and I did it anyways. We owned that dance floor.

The reason for #7, for me, was always to be comfortable enough just to do whatever I wanted to do, regardless of other people. And I did that last night. And I loved being that person. I don't think I'm going to let her go.

"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no one's watching.
Sing like no one's listening.
Live like there's no tomorrow."

2 comments:

Fae said...

:)

Christine Sweeton said...

I love the getting ready part too! And thank you for doing my hair....5 times. (I will embrace the frizz at some point but until then I will just envy you for your perfect hair!!)

There needs to be more dancing! Always more dancing!