Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grad school, pt. IV

Today I got a very strange e-mail. It was from one of the Professors at the University of London: King's College saying that he was recommending that the school make me a conditional offer. This, he said, was based on the fact that he had been interested in what I wrote on my statement of interest in regards to my proposed field of research. He then went on to talk about heroic bone transfer (what I had talked about) for a few paragraphs, and to suggest the classes I should take should I decide to do my Master's there. It was an e-mail specifically to me, about me....

Essentially, it's an offer from the University of London. Which, to be honest, wasn't one of my top choices because it's so expensive. But it made it seem like they were personally interested in me and my research. This could very likely be a tactic to get me to accept and pay them a lot of money.. but it's a tactic that certainly works.

I only have a couple of weeks to decide which school to choose.... I hate making decisions, but making THIS decision is way better than trying to decide what to do next year if I didn't get in anywhere.

2 comments:

Fae said...

I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

You can come master me and pay me lots of money. ;)

........

Hello, I'm straight.

Christine Sweeton said...

That is not a tactic. Kings Collage is huge and they do not have the time to do something like that to entice people to come. People just want to go there and pay for it, they don't get personalized e-mails from profs. Whether you pick it or not, be SUPER flattered that you got that e-mail.