Thursday, March 26, 2009

The sound of heaven shaking...

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning - not because it's so early, but because it was raining. I love lying in bed when it's raining outside. Not in a "I don't want to go out" way, but in a listening to the soothing rhythm of the rain drops and remembering way.

When I lived in Ireland, it rained almost everyday. I used to lie in bed far too late in the mornings, listening to the rain against the huge window over my bed. I was only there four months, and I only had one suitcase. Ireland didn't always feel like home. But it did when it rained. I love rain. Those days rainy days you're always saving for.


And it was raining cats and dogs out side of her window
And she knew they were destined to become
Sacred road kill on the way
And she was listening to the sound of heavens shaking
Thinking about puddles, puddles and mistakes...

2 comments:

Fae said...

Me too. I wanted to lie in bed this morning, not because it was early adn I wanted to sleep, but also just because I find this weather relaxing. So I came home and put my pjs back on before work, and am watching the rain while I chill on the computer and sip my tea, with no other sounds.

Love you.

And I've always loved that photograph.

Christine Sweeton said...

Agreed. Can't speak for Ireland but I do love British rain.