Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sometimes I'm straight...

Saturday's a good day for shameless vanity. As you probably know, I love my hair. Some of you may even know that the first thing that I'm attracted to on a guy is good hair.

But did you know I have a theory about my hair?

I am a curly haired person. I have a curly haired person's personality. I have embraced it, and me and the curls have come to an agreement... in which I agree to spend lots of money on them, and they agree to curl in some degree of style so that I don't have permanent bad hair days.

When I was in high school, my friend Lindz used to call my straightened hair (on the few occasions I had three hours to kill to get it that way) news anchor hair. I couldn't agree more. I always had an overwhelming desire to wear pastels when my hair was straight. See, you can tell my hair isn't supposed to be straight. I don't have a straight person's hair cut. My hair is really thick and has a lot more volume than the average actually straight hair.

All of this being said, about three or four times a year I straighten my hair. Out of boredom or curiosity or sometimes for a special occasion (even if the special occasion is that I want an excuse not to shower the next day and still have good hair.)

Last night, Kaitlyn came over before we went out to her brother's band's concert (WHICH WAS AWESOME!) and I told her to bring her straightener so she could do my hair. As you can see in the pictures I posted on that post, Kaitlyn's hair is naturally even curlier than mine. But she's been straightening her hair for years. So she has a heavy duty straightener and even my stubborn hair was no match for it.

I took a picture to commemorate the rare occasion of my having straight hair. I like it, but not as much as my curls. Also, I'm bored because Kristen and Taylor are making me wait around to go book shopping.

2 comments:

Court said...

Oh my gosh, it's so different! I really like it, though. Good work Kati!

Fae said...

Oh. My. God.

LOOK at you! I knew you were gorgeous, but babe.. you look like a fucking celebrity in this picture. You are ... wow. You are stunning, and I already knew that and you still managed to shock me!

Geez, I'm never going out in public with you again.