Friday, March 13, 2009

That red-headed girl.

For the first 20 years of my life, I HATED my hair. It was the bane of my (and my mom's) existence. I would have given anything for straight hair. For hair that wasn't so thick. For something other than what I had - which was, in chronological order: a Beatle's bowl cut, a boy hair cut, the "lion head" fro, a perma-ponytail, kool aid hair, bright purple hair, dead burgundy hair.

But now... I love my hair. It's my favourite thing about me. It's certainly the thing I spend the most money on. Now, when I straighten my hair it just doesn't look like me. I do it about once every three or four months for the shock value - but I feel like a different person. I feel like my hair really reflects my personality.

I've been going to the same hairdresser for over 6 years. She's a genius. I trust her completely, and I know she'd never let me leave with bad hair. She' so busy that I have to make my appointments over three months in advance, but that just means I have to be organized.


It's worth every cent.

1 comment:

Fae said...

I love you and your hair.

Now if only I could figure out my own.