Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hez and Fae Rewind Moment #3

One fine summer, Fae and I ventured down Virginia to meet up with Ali, another RPG friend of ours we'd know since about the same time we met. Fae'd met her before, but I hadn't. Fae's mom drove us down to meet Ali half way. While we were driving, I fell asleep with my head against the window in the back (which I do a lot in cars because I get horrible motion sickness). I was sleeping peacefully when suddenly... the window opened and I was almost thrown from the car. I screamed and sat up, shocked.

Fae looked over at me, startled. Then she looked down at her foot, on the window button. And laughed. She tried to kill me!

We went to Staunton, Virginia to stay with Ali. But she lived in Res, and there wasn't enough room for three of us. So we stayed on the futon at her friends Stina and Dylan's apartment. The apartment was on the third floor, there was an elevator. We went back one night to watch a movie. We got into the elevator, pressed the 3 button, went up to the floor. It was one of those old elevators with the grate that you have pull shut before it will move. So we go to open this grate... and it's stuck.
"Oh right, I forgot that this elevator always gets stuck," Ali says. Meanwhile I'm holding a tub of Ben and Jerry's, rapidly melting.

So of course I made a video. A very ADD video.



"This is our elevator stuck... Stuck in an elevator video." - Hez

"What do you think about being stuck in an elevator?" -Hez
"I think I have to pee." - Fae
"Me too." - Hez
"Yeah, me too." - Ali

We eventually got out of the elevator, rescued by a guy who lived in the building. Then, of course, we didn't have the key for the apartment. So I had to eat my Ben and Jerry's with the smallest spoon in the world, that we found in the bottom of Ali's purse.

6 comments:

Fae said...

Brilliant.

"HELLO LET US OUTTTT.... oooo, badge."

heheh. I love rewind moments.

Ambles said...

That's kind of scary...

If I ever got stuck in an elevator by myself, I think I would have a bit of a meltdown... Unless I had a laptop and there was wifi, then I would be fine!

Ooh... this gives me an idea for Slutty Sundays!

Sebastian Anthony said...

I'm sure there's some kind of joke that could be formulated around '3 dorky, teenage girls are stuck in a lift...' but I'm too tired to work it out.

The environment and shaky camerawork reminded me of a Spanish horror film called [REC], which I highly recommend if you like horror films :)

Unknown said...

I like horror films, but only if someone's there to hold me!

Sebastian Anthony said...

Fae will hold you...!

(I think? Not sure of your kind of relationship, but it seems like the kind of thing she would do...)

Fae said...

HOLD ME, MAMA!

When Hez and I watch horror movies together, I have no choice but to hold her.... she usually ends up in my lap, squeezing the life out of my hands. hahah.