Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Long and Winding Road

I think it's a North American thing, mainly. The love of the road trip, the vaste highway stretched out into the horizon, the feeling of the ground rushing beneath your wheels. The speed. The wind. The feeling that you're getting somewhere - going somewhere.

The feeling that you're leaving everything behind, or returning to it. The feeling that if you wanted to, you could just keep driving. Just keep moving and never stop.

The feeling of control over where you're going...

And my wheels are turning to close the gap between me and my best friend. To bring us together for another short time.

I think the drive back will be harder.

3 comments:

Fae said...

So excited!

Ambles said...

I need to do this.

FREEDOM!!!

Fae said...

YOU MADE IT!